Season results have been updated to include Round 7 and the DNWs. We drop one event for every four.
Don’t forget about the Pro and Tour happening at Crow’s next month!
Registration for Pro Solo ends in 5 days on motorsportreg.
Registration for National Tour ends in 12 days on motorsportreg.
The time is fast approaching! SFR will be hosting the SCCA Pro Solo and National Tour at Crow’s landing in June. If you haven’t done so, go register at Motorsportreg.
For our local events, the following changes will be occurring:
- No leading zeroes are allowed in car numbers. For ex: 003 will not be honored; you will be 3.
- The range of car numbers is up to 999. Be careful on your choice though as these won’t be honored at a national event.
- Run groups will be rebalanced and posted before the next local event
- We’ll be trying a 2-rungroup morning, 4-rungroup afternoon setup. Registration closure is still at noon for now. This should help things flow better in the morning as well as allow real on-the-fly worker change in the afternoon.
- The price changes announced at round 5 will now take effect. Prereg on MSR will be $40. Registration on-site will be $50. That does not include the cost of a temporary membership.
Thanks to chairs Benny Ng and Henry Cheung for chairing the Round 7 event. Always a big thanks to Dan Pellow for taking care of and driving the van/trailer setup as well as volunteering on-site. Preliminary results are posted here.
Next up is our Steering Committee meeting. We’ll quickly be going through the normal items and then dig into the Crow’s Landing Tour/Pro items. If you’re involved in the Crow’s stuff, you should go.
There were a few people who needed re-classing and a number of people who requested Class/Number combos that were taken. Please check the list posted at Bay Area Auto-X. PM me there or post in that thread if you want to change the resolution I took. In the future we’ll post a list of Class/Number combos that are in use so you know what to avoid.
Also, please make sure you read the previous post about on-the-fly worker change over.
We will be bringing back On-The-Fly worker changes effective immediately. This is especially applicable now with a 3/3 format and will still be relevant if/when we switch back to a 4/4 format.
Please read up on this before you attend your next event.
On-The-Fly Worker Changes
Round 7 of the Championship Season is just over a week away! Don’t forget to prereg to save time waiting in line. We also still need people to work setup. Post here if you want to join the setup crew: Bay Area Autox.
The issue of Did-Not-Works came up last event. It’s normally not an issue but we had quite a few people decide not to sign up or check-in for their assignment. Names and repercussions are here: DNWs.
I’d also like to note the price changes after the National Tour at Crow’s Landing. It will be $40 to prereg and $50 on-site. These prices do NOT include the cost of a temporary membership.
Preregistration is now open for Round 7 thanks to Glen. MSR Rnd7 Here