- Ike Crow Road is in REALLY bad shape with potholes. Our winter rainy season did a number on the road. It’s 1.2 miles from CA-33 to the entrance of the site. There are some potholes in the first half mile from 33, but it gets a LOT worse the last 3/4 mile before you cross Bell Road.
Figure on going 15 MPH with a trailer once you get to that “worse” part on Ike Crow Road. You WILL hit significant potholes with your vehicle/trailer, it is just minimizing issues at that point.
- Please approach the site ONLY from Ike Crow Road. Set your GPS to the “intersection of Ike Crow Road and CA-33, Crows Landing CA” and then go west on Ike Crow Road, approximately 1.25 miles west into the site. Do NOT use Bell Road!!!
- Our site and course layouts will deviate from those we’ve used at previous National events. (Those who attended the 2018 Larry Park Memorial event will find the layout somewhat familiar.)
Immediately upon entering the site, you’ll sign the waiver. Directly ahead will be the Grid and Tech areas. Paddock will be to your right and continue about 150-200 yards. TnT can only be accessed by going through and past paddock, about a half mile. See the map for a better visual.
- Justin Tsang and Yongzhe Wen will chair our Practice/TnT on Friday, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Runs will be $10 for 3, $4 for 1. You must work one 30-minute shift per 3 runs. Evo School is using the course before 11:00 AM.
- We have a WELCOME PARTY at 6:00 PM Friday. We are bringing in BBQ (brisket and smoked turkey) from Apricot Wood, and the Francavilla family is bringing pasta and salads. You don’t want to miss it! Bring a chair and yourself up to the front of paddock and join us Friday evening in the hospitality area!
- Due to some unfortunate circumstances (aka: “THIEVES SUCK!”), we will NOT have the ice trailer this weekend. If anyone can bring some extra LARGE coolers to help us store ice, we’d greatly appreciate it. Lisa and Eric Gnesa (thank you!!!) will be busy making ice/water runs all weekend.
- Don’t forget to use #funwithcars and #CrowsTour2019 in your social media posts! Both great hashtags to use if you want to see what our members are up to this weekend.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!
Youmna Zalzal, Event Chair